Starting in Fall 2017, I have assumed the role of inaugural Assessment Officer. I’m leading the program in efforts to assess the work we do. The Mathematics Program cannot claim to have an assessment culture, and I’m excited to help my colleagues understand the benefits of measuring aspects of our work that we know are important.
Here are some files that describe the context from which we are starting an assessment process:
- MS Program Review Self Study 2016
- BS Program Review Self Study 2016
- Post-Review Memorandum of Understanding
Here are some files that establish disciplinary standard baselines for program functionality and how they should be assessed:
- The Mathematica Association of America’s Curriculum for Undergraduate Programs in Mathematics (CUPM) Guide
- Sample Assessment of Mathematics Programs